Welcome to The Kantor Institute.
pathways to change
Website currently under construction, please contact with any questions.
Workshops and Publications
- UK WORKSHOP: On Developing Interventionists, three 2.5-day sessions beginning July 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Click here for more information.
- Recent articles by David Kantor
- Follow Dr. Kantor on Twitter and on his blog, Subtexts!
• "Raising the Bar for Leaders and their Coaches" ("Pensar en grande: Altas expectativas para líderes y sus coaches") in Conocimiento Y Dirección No. 90 (Argentina)
• "Leadership for Our Times: The Leadership System Model" in Reflections
• "Metrics and the Making of the Modern Team: Accelerating Team Performance" in Mobius Strip, June 2012
The Latest Book
Reading the Room Now available from Jossey Bass/Wiley, Amazon and Barnes & Noble, David Kantor's latest work is a comprehensive and practical look at the field of team consulting and systems-based intervention. The book follows a realistic executive team and coach at fictional company ClearFacts, as they move through challenging issues and negotiate different leadership styles.
Contact us to reserve your copy!
Breakdown in communication is the bane of nations, institutions, business leaders and their subordinates, organizations and their teams, families, couples, and their children. David Kantor has spent decades investigating how communication works and how it breaks down, when it matters most. When effective communication matters most is in situations of high stakes.
Kantor has systematically studied teams, families, and couples in low, medium and high stakes situations. From this research he has derived a theory of the structure of face-to-face communication applicable in all human systems. And from 45 years of testing this ever-evolving theory in clinical contexts as therapist and organizational consultant, he has created a Practice Theory whose effectiveness can actually be measured...Read more.